Plastering Question

Ceiling repair after leak

I had a leak from my bath and the ceiling below is ruined is it correct that a plaster is the person I should be looking for to repair this. also are they a business on their own or is a plater a builder

4 Answers

Best Answer

You could put a plaster on it but you might be better off hiring a plasterer,

Answered 8th Nov 2011

m w building construction and property maintenance

Member since 28 Sep 2008

last bit of plating i did had nothing to do with building ,but a good plasterer will rectify any leaks ,he may also be good at plating who knows

Answered 8th Nov 2011


Member since 7 Jun 2008

This is a plasterers trade, although most builders do have this as secondry trade.

Answered 8th Nov 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

yes you need a plasterer for this to either re-board the ceiling or if it has dried out properly and is still solid it can be re-skimmed. a plasterer is not a builder, a builder can do a number of trades to an acceptable standard. A plasterer specialises in this type of work and will be the better choice definately

Answered 9th Nov 2011

Clarks Plastering Services

Member since 8 Sep 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plasterers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions