Ask a tradesman


What qualifications should i ask to see from someone about to install a bathroom heater?

5 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians

Best Answer

Ask the installer what registration body they belong to either; NICEIC, ELECSA or NAPPIT and their ID/registrtaion card. This can be checked with the scheme provider usually by calling or on their website. On completion of the work they should issue you with an Electrical Certificate and then register the work with your local authority building control.

Be aware that some people may show you a JIB or CSCS card! This only proves some degree of competence and is not the same as being a registered domestic installer or approved contractor.


Answered 31st Oct 2011

for a bathroom heater ,he will need a phd in phsycology,a phd in economics brain surgeons cert ,last but not least he must be a qualified bathroom heater installer normally a plumber will do this for you in the form of a heated towel rail


Answered 30th Oct 2011


In our view, Qualification is not just the Answer to get satisfaction.

You should ask company ID and any relevant competent membership number and their Photo ID for that company or for that individual person.

Make sure you have checked ID with valid dates on it.

I hope this will give you basic guide line to check before the individual touch your job / take task in his /her hand.

All the best




Answered 30th Oct 2011

Hi Iain
He should be a qualified electrician who is a Registered Domestic Installer.
you can put the job up on my builder and check up on other peoples views on the person you choose.
I hope this helps if so click on the like button


Answered 1st Nov 2011

Their Part P certificate.

Hope this helps.

SJN Electrical Ltd


Answered 30th Oct 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories