Plumbing Question

Is it possible to replace a noisy mira power shower with a new one myself without the need for a professional plumber?

4 Answers

If the shower and pump are seperate and you can safely turn off the water and electric . then go for it.. please put your safety first at all times.

Answered 8th Mar 2011

Interior Maintenance

Member since 23 Mar 2010

yes its very simple isolate water and electrics if needed then change over very easy make sure water is on and unit perged before electric on

Answered 8th Mar 2011


Member since 31 Oct 2008

All things are possible!! most items come with a set of instructions, check the pipe location and spacings against the new unit first as some adjustment may be requiered.
If in doubt call me!!
regards Ashley

Answered 9th Mar 2011


Member since 3 Mar 2009

yes you can !!!!!!!
just make sure water and electric are isolated before removing anything also and i repeat also
some mira and aqualisa cartridges are around £120 to replace so it is very important to flush any debris through after fitting and before use otherwise loose particles and even metal shavings inside when unit is made can clog and break the vital parts which are costly

Answered 27th Mar 2011

L M Property Development

Member since 3 Feb 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions