Kitchen Fitting Question

Where to source decent quality laminate worktops and should i or the fitter source them?

I need to replace the laminate counter tops in my kitchen due to water damage (and the useless round sink without a draining board at the same time)!

Should I go and shop around for the counter tops I want first and then post a job asking for a builder to go and buy and fit them or is it better just to pick a rough style and then leave the fitter to get something similar from their preferred supplier?

If I get them myself, are there any particular retailers you'd recommend or that I should avoid for reasonable quality replacements?


3 Answers

Go on the internet to find your local supplier,the manufacturers to look for are Axion,Durapal and Formica. These are good quality tops ,stay away from the stcoked worktops from the high st diy .

Answered 18th Oct 2011

Duwood Design

Member since 15 Aug 2009

look at some of the different worktops to get an idea of what you may like
and price them in your mind but usually best to let the fitter supply and fit as he will then be responsable for giving the guarantee, it should include labour and materials for an agreed time. put it up on my builder
hope this helps if so hit the like button

Answered 18th Oct 2011


Member since 9 Oct 2008

your better of looking round yourself at all stores then you will have a good idea of the colour,unless your selling your ouse then i would recomend to stay away from gloss unless you go for a resin top, once decided then ask a tradesman to source as he/she may get discount, try and find someone who can but and scribe your tops, this is a much better finnish

Answered 19th Oct 2011

dlr kitchens

Member since 8 Oct 2008

No feedback

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Kitchen Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions