Restoration & Refurbishment Question

How to refurbish the front of a terraced property

What is involved in refurbishing the front of a terraced property? I may need some repointing work which I understand can be done in different ways. But what to do about the bricks which are chipped/damaged and out of shape? This is an old property constructed of London bricks. Thanks

3 Answers

Best Answer

Any bricks that are chipped or damaged can be cut out and replaced, some times the bricks can be reveresed, if not you can match them via reclamation yards.
Rake out all the pointing and have it all done, that way all mortar colour will be the same.
There are different finishes to the pointing, but normally match the rest of the house, probably weather struck.

Answered 14th Oct 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

hi there muhammad pointing of any property will require the same methods all existing mortar must be grinded out and removed from existing mortar lines then what you can decide next is what colour mortar you would like you would probley decide to match with the nabouring properties then insert the new mortar sand and cement. further to your problem with the bricks i would suggest that you remove these bricks and replace with a matching brick or like for like please feel free to contact us for further advice regards lee richens

Answered 14th Oct 2011

GDL painting services limited

Member since 12 Oct 2011

Hi muhammad_10
Are any of the other properties on your street rendered?
This could be the solution.
Kind regards
Paul Sharpington

Answered 14th Oct 2011

Bellini Manufacturing

Member since 7 Apr 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Restoration & Refurb Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions