Electrical Question

Issue full house electric certificate for another electritions job

Can a electricition issue a full house electric certificate for job done by another Electriction after test, Any Advice or Pointing to right direction will be greatfuly appriciated,Many Thanks

6 Answers

Best Answer

No reputable electrician will provide an installation certificate foe anybody else's work

If you need it for building control then you must speak to them explain the situation and ask if they will accept an EICR rather than an INSTALATION certificate Most will if you explain the circumstances first if you try to fudge it they will come down very hard and insist all wiring is exposed for inspection

Answered 18th Apr 2016

Dan Dan The Electricman

Member since 5 Mar 2015

this is not usually allowed by my governing body which is niceic you will have to inform building control and pay a fee.

Answered 14th Apr 2016

Davey Electrical Services

Member since 31 Aug 2015

you will need to have a EICR electrical inspection condition report done
this will highlight conformity to bs7671 the result will be either satisfactory or not. If not remedial work will be carried out to make good.
the report will then be satisfactory and you will have a safe installation.
people please use registered electricians find them on the electrical safety register online!!!

Answered 19th Apr 2016

NJC Electrical Services

Member since 1 Feb 2016

Yes they can as long as they carry out a full electrical survey and issue you the relevant pass testing certificate which only a reputable electrician should have.
Hope this helps

Regards Steve

Answered 14th Apr 2016

Yorkshire Plumbers & Builders

Member since 30 Apr 2015

Yes if you can find an electrician willing to. The electrician will need to fully check and inspect the wiring before issuing a certificate with their name on. The work needs to be signed off with the local building control authority. This can be circumvented using a registered electrician. Note 'registered' and not only 'qualified'. Registered is what matters when you employ an electrician as the registering body are the people that guarantee what said electrician is qualified to undertake and they also ensure they have current and valid insurance. So, always use a registered electrician, many aren't as you have discovered!

Answered 14th Apr 2016

Internal Repairs

Member since 3 Feb 2016

I don't know of any electrician including myself who can/or indeed allowed to do 3rd party test/certification. You may well have to start again with someone competent.

Answered 15th Apr 2016


Member since 13 Jan 2015

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Electricians who can help you with your project.

Search all questions