Ask a tradesman

Chimneys & Fireplaces

Do i need to obtain any surveys or reports to have a chimney breast removed?

4 Answers from MyBuilder Chimney & Fireplace Specialists

Best Answer

As its structural works, you need to inform bco.


Answered 12th Oct 2011

It is really a building control job as you are involving structural work. It can be done on what's known as a building notice. Even with that you still need a structural engineer to design the supports. Hope this helps? Most people don't realise this work comes under building control. Shaun


Answered 12th Oct 2011

We have recently taking down a large chimney(top/bottom) and had to have a structual engineer and building regs an experienced builder will inform you of what is required hope this helps


Answered 12th Oct 2011

damp tech preservations
i have carried out loads of this type work
building controls will be involved in which you will need a
structural engineer first to draw plans on load bearing
lintels when your buider has worked to plan thats
when it will be re-inspected by building controls
hope this helps mr woods


Answered 13th Oct 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories