Ask a tradesman
My economy7 timed water heater trips the electric when coming on in the early hours.
The boost button works fine so it seems to me it is to do with the bottom element but how can I test it?
3 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians
London • Member since 27 Sep 2011 • 1146 jobs, 100% positive feedback
There may be more than one cause or multiple faults for your tripping.
It could be your eco- 7 switch making both heaters lives at same time, heater coil in water tank may have earth fault or your breaker overloading by timer to switch both heater at same time or you could have fuse spur switch wiring fault!!
Log your job in to this site and find expert help with qualified and experienced electrician.
All the best!
Answered 10th Oct 2011
The most common fault is that the Immersion Element is faulty they corrode then let water in then short out. The answer is to replace the element unfortunately this is not really a DIY job most good Electricians or Plumbers can replace these elements so put the job up on my Builder.
Hope this helps if it does hit the Like Button
Answered 12th Oct 2011
Accrington • Member since 16 Dec 2010 • 28 jobs, 100% positive feedback
the element has probaly gone but if you have to ask how to test it then dont. Get an electrician to do it, because the safest way to test it is with very expensive meter equipment.
Answered 10th Oct 2011
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- I have problem with my CH whereby first thing in the morning when the heating comes on it doesn't switch off when the thermostat temp setting is reached and continues to heat the house.
- The shower in my en suite is only getting luke warm though the hotwater taps on the sink are fine. When i switch on the clod water tap in the sink the shower then gets hot . The shower two has
- Blocked air vent - damp in cavity wall?
- Damp in chimney breast