Windows Question

I have a holiday home that was fitted with new windows about 5 years ago. i am advised that at this time they did not require a fensa certificate. is this correct?

6 Answers

has far as i know you would have needed to have a fensa certificate 5 years ago
thanks keith

Answered 7th Oct 2011

K L R Builders

Member since 28 Sep 2008

no its not correct fensa came in, in 2001

Answered 7th Oct 2011

grahame,s general builder.

Member since 5 Oct 2011

Fensa requirements came in to force in 2001 following the Kyoto agreement.
All domestic windows and doors should be registered with a Fensa certificate.
However, I would look up Fensa regulations on the internet to see if homes that are only lived in for a couple of weeks a year need comply.
Hope this helps.

Answered 8th Oct 2011


Member since 23 Jun 2011

Not correct, building regulations made it clear from 2002 they wanted all windows and doors to have a building regulations completion certificate to ensure people were following the correct safety and energy efficency measures.

Answered 8th Oct 2011


Member since 12 Apr 2009

Check with the local building authority

Answered 9th Oct 2011

N J G Installations

Member since 19 Jan 2011

you should have a certificate
but if building control has seen them as part of a building inspection they might be coverd on the building work completion certificate
or you can pay £80 fee to building control to pass them

Answered 9th Oct 2011


Member since 17 Oct 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Window Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions