Ask a tradesman


Party wall survey

I am looking to build in close proximity to my neighbour. I have issued them a party wall warning letter. Do I need to have a survey on their property before I start work?

1 Answer from a MyBuilder Extension Builder

Best Answer

I would recommend you have an engineer survey there property, take photos of inside and outside and possible drawings for pad stone layout ( steels in between) as digging complete foundations near neighbours could cause movement etc.
Possible separate insurance taken out to cover any complications that might arise during the guarantee you give clients its works.
Although you have issued party wall notice, it is best to have an agreement in place before works started.


Answered 2nd Jan 2016

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories