Ask a tradesman


Leak coming from the wall of the extended kitchen

How can I cover the leak from the outside? It rained today and I could see that the leak comes between the wall of the house and the extended kitchen. Can I cover it with cement or any reliable option available? At the moment I could see that the previous occupier just covered it with something metal. Please advise. Thanks

2 Answers from MyBuilder Extension Builders

Hi this is a tricky one to solve without seeing the problem in person.
As a temporary solution to what sounds like a vertical DPC issue, would be a good quality weatherproof sealant. CT1 is a very good sealant which can be used on most materials and comes in a huge range of colours.


Answered 29th Jan 2017

I think you would have to establish first whether this leak is related to water services I.E pipes in the vicinity or roof related, is this a permanent leak or does it get worse with weather(rain) Difficult without seeing it.


Answered 25th Jan 2019

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories