Ask a tradesman


Who do i employ first for an extension job?

I am wanting a 2 story extension on my semi detached house in Wallsend. Do I need to employ an architect or can a builder draw up plans for to get approved?

1 Answer from a MyBuilder Extension Builder

Hi Cheryl definately employ an Archietect you can work closely with him and get the results you want for the design, a builder like myself knows what needs to be done but we don't have the design expertise. You then need to give your drawings to your local planning office for them to be passed. Then find your builder who will give you a price on the passed plans.


Answered 3rd Aug 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories