Plumbing Question

Completion certificates for installation of boiler

We are in the process of selling our property and a question has come back from the solicitor asking if the condensing boiler we had installed circa 2008 has a completion certificate?

He was corgi registered and we have never had any problems with the boiler - is this going to be an issue - or is it just solicitors bumping up their fees with extra paperwork?

2 Answers

Best Answer

In 2005 the law changed and every boiler that got installed after that date needed to be of the condensing type for energy efficiency and also needed building control certification. This is a certificate to prove the boiler was installed to current regulations at the time of installation. You probably wont be able to get that certificate now as you normally only have 30days after installation to register the boiler. Im no solicitor but I think the only thing you could do is contact a local gas safe registered engineer and ask them for a safety check (homeowners certificate) to prove the boiler is safe to use but like I say check with your solicitor first to make sure this will be good enough.

Answered 6th Jul 2015

IJS Trade Services

Member since 6 Jul 2015

solicitors, tell em it had one but you ran short on toilet roll, see their response say so sorry but its now gone and you cant remember who fitted it, then suggest you might have a certificate for the first foundation block that was laid and suggest if you cant find it does this mean you have no foundations lol

Answered 6th Jul 2015

Signature Design, Build and Restoration Ltd

Member since 9 Apr 2015

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions