Ask a tradesman


Electrical certificate

I recently had a new kitchen fitted which involved quite a lot of electrical work.. I had a new fuse board fitted, new electrical cable as the new appliances where relocated, also I had the earth bonding done…or so I thought… when the kitchen fitter came to install the new dishwasher he noticed that the earth bonding hadn’t been done.
I was given a certificate signing off the work.. I have made several attempts to get the electrician to come back and finish the job.. but without any joy.. Is there somewhere where this can be reported and surly this must invalidate my certificate?

2 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians

If you had your consumer unit changed then it would have needed notifying to LABC. What certificate have you got? An EIC? If so it should have all the details on there reference earth bonding etc and scope of works. Was he part p? If he was then get in touch with his scheme and report him.


Answered 26th Jun 2015

Its most likely a fake certificate. Very common these days.


Answered 2nd Jul 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories