Ask a tradesman
Can gas safety record be issued without turning on the gas boiler?
I was wondering how the Gas Safety check is done.
Does it needs the gas boiler to be turned on? or can it be done without it?
Seller is refusing to turn it on and only providing the Gas safety record as a proof that it is working! Is that correct?
Looking forward for some urgent guidance.
2 Answers from MyBuilder Heating Engineers
Middlesbrough • Member since 26 Jan 2015 • 2 jobs, 100% positive feedback
We would not undertake a gas safety check without the gas on - how do you know the gas carcass system does not have a leak ?
Get a gassafe registered engineer to undertake a new gas safety check, safety is not expensive.
Answered 12th Feb 2015
You must have the gas connected for the test, if you have a boiler in the premises even in the box not connected it becomes part of the test as its in the property so cant be certified, same applies to any gas appliance not connected. Get a gas safe registered engineer to call.
Call gas safe and they will tell you the same
Answered 23rd Feb 2015
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- Fitting a Gas cooker / gas supply to it + a few more gas related question
- We have a back boiler with a gas fire. The boiler is decommisioned but the fire works. Can I disconnect the gas fire and leave the back boiler behind the firepace
- Selling house, Boiler has no Gas Safety Register certificate Please Help
- New Boiler - can I have a new boiler fitted if there is a a small gas leak?