Ask a tradesman


Can a full scope domestic installer (with part p) inspect and test other electricians work?

I have recently qualified as a full scope domestic electrical installer with Part P. I have question If you could help me or point me in the right direction.

Can I, With my current qualifications, inspect and test other electricians work? e.g. If Electrician A installed a lighting circuit, Which is signed off and approved as a minor works, Would Electrician B be able to later inspect and test it? Would Electrician B be able to fill out an inspection test report certificate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians

Best Answer

No problem at all with later inspecting and testing any circuit as long as your only completing a EICR form.
Electrician A's problem is that you can't use a minor works cert for the installation of a new circuit, this would be notifyable under building regulations, nor could he install it and you do a EICR form for it... if it is only an alteration or amendment of a circuit then Electrician A can do a Minor works cert and it wouldn't need signing off, anyone could then carry out an inspection and test and provide an EICR.

If what you actually mean is can they install it and you sign it off for building regs then basically your options are that they notifiy local building control before carrying out the works, do a 'green cert' for the installation and have Building control sign it off (at a cost). Or the install and you certify on a 3 person certificate, electrician A signs as Designer and Constructor, you sign as Inspector... You are signing off and it is under your registration if there is anything wrong so don't just put your autograph to anything!


Answered 8th Feb 2015

i think cann't issue EIC on other's work. But EICR can do


Answered 8th Feb 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories