Ask a tradesman


What to do if an electrican will not complete certification for me?

We've recently had a new fuse board put in and new wiring in in our lounge. Our electrician will not come back in and certificate the works although he has been paid to do this. What would you suggest we do as I have been trying since April last year to get this certificate.

Not sure how to reply but my electrician will not answer my calls so I cannot say why he will not come back. Just won't respond to us.

3 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians

Best Answer

Report him to the NIC


Answered 29th Jan 2015

What's his reason for not coming back?

First things first, I would have a certified sparky come check the wiring to make sure it's safe and done properly. Then take it from there.


Answered 29th Jan 2015

Sounds to me like your electrician is not a registered part p electrician that's probably why he wont come back and test it.
I would get a NICEIC/ELESCA registered electrician to come inspect the work and test it but this will cost you more money.


Answered 30th Jan 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories