Plumbing Question

Looking to change kitchen sink and taps. currently have a 2 tap hole but can this be changed to a 1 hole tap?

9 Answers

Best Answer

Yes you can buy blanking plugs for the one tap hole that you do not require. Most plumbers merchants will sell these.

Pipe Dreams Plumbing Services

Answered 19th Aug 2011

Pipe Dreams Plumbing Services

Member since 9 Sep 2009

Yes, you can buy single hole sinks, also you can get a 1 1/2 sink which will be able to connect into your other waste, so no new pipes required.

make sure you get the same sink sink though as some are very slightly different and will lead to you having a gap between sink and worktop.

Answered 19th Aug 2011

Union Plumbing and Heating

Member since 30 Oct 2010

If you are concerned with the exact positioning of your new mono-bloc tap, ask for some 15mm flexi connectors. These will move quickly and easily into any position within the general area or your existing hot and cold feeds.

Answered 19th Jan 2014

CGL Property Services

Member since 19 Jan 2014

yes it can, if it fitted in to the work top then you need a new sink that will fit the hole or be larger than the old sink so the work top can be cut out. then its just a simple case of connecting up the pipes.

Answered 19th Aug 2011

BDF plumbing and heating services

Member since 12 Nov 2008

No feedback

Yes amending the pipe work under sink is fairly basic, just remember to order a 1 tap hole sink. The type of tap you require is specifically called a sink mono mixer.

Kind regards


Answered 19th Aug 2011

Ecoten ltd

Member since 17 Aug 2011

yes if you a buy a new sink with a single tap hole then you can have a single tap fitted to it, the plumbing would not be a problem.



Answered 19th Aug 2011

J.M plumbing & heating

Member since 8 Aug 2011

yes it can all you need is a sink blank ok

Answered 19th Aug 2011

roy morgan plumbing&heating

Member since 29 Jan 2011

yes, but you may need to change a bit of pipework under the sink.

regards chris

Answered 20th Aug 2011


Member since 7 Dec 2009

As you are replacing the sink as well as the taps you can have whatever you want.Choose a sink that only has a single hole,choose your mixer tap,find a plumber to fit it & bobs your uncle.If your still unsure a good plumber will be happy to advise you.

Answered 20th Aug 2011

m w building construction and property maintenance

Member since 28 Sep 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions