Ask a tradesman


Looking to reseal windows to stop drafts

My bedroom and bathroom double glazing windows need re-sealing they are Edwardian style

2 Answers from MyBuilder Window & Door Fitters

If you mean where the frame merts the wall then it's a easy job it's just cut out the old silicone with a Stanley knife and reseal with a good quality frame sealant, if it's the unit has water in between the pains they need replacing, if you mean the rubber seals the easiest thing to do is cut a small piece out and take it to a good builders (Travis perkins, jewsons, etc) to get a exact match and pull out the old and push in the (if it's had to push in use a little washing up liquid and water in a spray bottle will help

Hope this answers your question



Answered 15th Feb 2015

My answer will be exactly the same as Keiran


Answered 16th Jan 2019

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories