Ask a tradesman
Fat conservatory roof is leaking
I've a flat conservatory roof and is leaking. It measures about 10m2. Its quite old and think currently it has a flat glass sheet. So I have no way of repairing this one.
Have seen a lot of advertisement on roofing but don't want to be conned ;-)
- What is the best recommendation to get it replaced? A rubber roofing, Fibreglass GRP, Durable felt or any other thing...
- How it should be laid? If you can provide the steps that would be beneficial.
- How much would it cost pls?
Thank you so much for answering this query...
3 Answers from MyBuilder Roofers
I would renew it in triple wall polycarbonate,with all appropiate glazing bars.
If your intent on a solid roof it would be Firestone epdm every time, fully adhered on new roof boards, one piece cut to size.
20 yr gaurantee, life expectancy at least 50yr.
As for being conned, get at least 3 prices, if you use epdm, make sure installers are fully trained.
Answered 28th Feb 2011
Burton Upon Trent • Member since 13 Apr 2008 • 146 jobs, 100% positive feedback
Hi, 16mm polycarbonate is my advice. It looks good, 60 times stronger than glass, easy to install and will continue to give you the light you have now. EDPM is the answer for a solid roof. Make sure the installer is properly trained, but you would lose your light.
I hope this helps.
Answered 3rd Mar 2011
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- What I need to know if i wished to change my polycarbonate conservatory roof to a tiled roof?
- Leaking conservatory where it's joined to the house
- Roof is lined internally with sarking felt, hence roof is lining is torn in places
- Is it standard practice to use silicone sealer on roof tiles to seal a leaking roof ?