Ask a tradesman


My electricity supplier has agreed to move my electricity meter to the outside wall but has asked me to tell them the kva for my property please tell me how i can find this information

4 Answers from MyBuilder Electricians

Best Answer

if you have a regular 80amp/240v single phase supply then it will be 19.2 KVA


Answered 14th Aug 2011

Maximum single phase (230volt) supply is 100 amps / 23kva.


Answered 15th Aug 2011

I agree 15 kva


Answered 6th Sep 2011


This will all depend on the type of property,


Flat, house, no of bedrooms etc.

Also on what type of heating ?


Gas central heating / electric boiler ,

Electric storage heating

In any event,,

I would say that the average kva for a 2 bed house / flat is around 8kva.
3 bedroom property, say around 10.

They are asking for the maximum. !

If, for example you have gas cenral heating, and say one instantaneous electric shower. I would suggest, in that instance the maximum would be around 15 kva.
This is after applying If you applied diversity ( would you have all the lights on, cooker, and televisions, whilst taking a shower ! )

I would estimate on average, to play safe around 15 KVA




Answered 14th Aug 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories