Groundwork & Foundations Question

Can you tell me the name of membrane i need to use to cover groundwork for my foundation

2 Answers

Best Answer

Depending on the requirements of your local council there is a protective membrane called Bituthene 8000. Its not cheap and its generally only used in areas where flood levels are a risk, It can be used horizontally or vertically to protect basements and other critical sub-structures from the effects of hydrostatic pressure, ground contamination, proun to floods/dampness or gas penetration. If there are no risks of any of the above then just a good quality, heavy duty plastic membrane will do the job.

Answered 5th Aug 2011

Milbarn Construction

Member since 19 Sep 2008

Visqueen 2000/3000

Answered 16th Oct 2011

Affordable construction

Member since 28 Sep 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Groundworkers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions