Ask a tradesman

Gas Work

Checks to property prior to exchange

morning, just has a building survey done and surveyor has said that the plumbing and heating installation is outside of the survey but has confirmedmains gas is connected, the meter is located in the hall cupboard and pipework has been rerouted outside to connect with the gas boiler which is located in bathroom cupboard upstairs. central heating and hot water is provided by a Worcester gas boiler, there are panel radiators with and without thermostats throughout and he suspects the original boiler was in the kitchen. age and condition of boiler is unknown and heating system was not seen working. old gas fire in lounge not seen working. he has advised to have the boiler and gas fire tested b a gas safe engineer prior to use and exchange of contracts so we are aware of any possible cost implication and to obtain a gas safe service certificate from the vendor.

just wondered if someone could give me a rough order of cost/any further advice for this please. house is a 3 bed semi located in rutland.

2 Answers from MyBuilder Gas Engineers

Best Answer

Hi, any gas safe plumber should be able to advise on the state of your current heating system and its' supply. I wouldn't expect him to charge you any more than £80 - £100 for this type of service.
Hope this is of help



Answered 1st Aug 2011

Hi,yes Julian is right in what he says.Any Gas Safe registered engineer can do this and provide written certification for the appliance(s),the price he has said it should cost is pretty much about right for this type of job.If I lived near to you I would happily give you a quote and do this job for you.
Robert Ward
RW Gas Services,Manchester


Answered 4th Aug 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories