Ask a tradesman


Fensa certificate and insurance backed - does tradesman have to be vat registered?

Hi all, I've been advised that for a FENSA certificate to be issued for fitting new French doors (double glazed) and it be insurance backed, then the tradesman has to be VAT registered....
Is this the case?

2 Answers from MyBuilder Window & Door Fitters

Best Answer

No not at all.
Fensa, certass ect are just self certification schemes.
You have to meet certain requirements to join.
One being that you offer an ibg.
You could do the work your self if you wanted and register it with LABC for your area.


Answered 25th Jun 2014

We're Certass and not VAT registered.


Answered 29th Jun 2014

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories