Ask a tradesman

Gas Work

Can i get my gas metre moved to under my sink

Am just about to move into a council flat and the coooker goes right behind the kitchen door which doesnt make sense because if I had all the burners going and someone opened the kitchen door they would knock the pans off the cooker if you get what I mean the old guy who lived at the flat had been there for years so I dont think he would have been bothered but to me it doesnt even make sense because its way to small to have a cooker there not to mention a health and safety hazard.The gas metre is about less than a metre from the sink its more or less right next to it but there a kitchen unit there thanks to anymore who can help me

3 Answers from MyBuilder Gas Engineers

Best Answer

You are better to leave the Gas Meter where it is, otherwise you will have to get the Gas Board to move it to a new location (it is not cheap) as they are the only people allowed to alter incoming gas supply. I would leave the Gas Meter where it is and re-pipe the gas supply to where you wish to locate the new Oven/Hobs, much cheaper option. Get a qualified Gas Safe Engineer to do this, you can check them out if you ask for there Gas Safe number and call Gas Safe to verify it.

Pipe Dreams Plumbing Services


Answered 25th Jul 2011

Hi Karen
Bill is spot on with what he has said,the best thing to do is put it on this site as a job and get local tradesmen around to quote.
Regards Ian


Answered 26th Jul 2011

Hi Karen
I go along with what Bill and Ian are both saying.Ask any Gas safe registered engineer to offer you a quote and I am sure you will get a good job done.


Answered 8th Aug 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories