Kitchen Fitting Question

New work surfaces and hob which needs disconnecting from gas supply

I want to replace the kitchen work surfaces but where the hob is, this needs disconnecting from the gas supply and put in the new work surface.

Do I need a carpenter and a gas man or which trade person can do both?

2 Answers

You need a carpenter and gas safe plumber. Used to be Corgi. A carpenter who does kitchens and worktops will know a suitable plumber or vice versa.

Answered 8th Apr 2014

Bates Carpentry and Building

Member since 23 Jun 2011

Yes definitely use a carpenter & a gas safe plumber as bates carpentry also said. And when worktop removed if you haven't already got one in place ask gas man too add a gas lever (isolator) on the gad pipe work, but with a access hole too be able too shut off/on, makes it a lot easier in the future for adding or replacing hob. Also gives you the option off isolating just the hob I case of any unusual gas smell from hob.

Answered 20th Apr 2014

Whibhard Builders

Member since 17 Aug 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Kitchen Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions