Plumbing Question

What to do when the plummer says it is so awkward to get at the copper feed pipe to the hot tap that he cannot fix a small leak at either the compression fitting to the tap or the isolation valve

It is the bath I am talking about. The pipe to the
hot tap. Under the bath.

5 Answers

Best Answer

It can be hard to get to sometimes but sounds to me like he's being lazy. Call an established plumber who will have come across this kind of thing in the past. Might cost a little more but it's not a problem that is unfixable.

Answered 17th Jul 2011

1st call plumbing

Member since 16 Feb 2011

Hi Hellen get another plumber best wishes rigsby

Answered 16th Jul 2011

Rigsby Handyman

Member since 14 Aug 2009

The easiest way is to stop water to tap and cut pipe below leak and remove tap connector to hot tap and fit a flexible tap connector to join onto existing pipe that was cut below leak. Job done. This should take less than an hour to complete and cost about £55.00 labour and materials.
Thank you,
Pipe Dreams Plumbing Services

Answered 17th Jul 2011

Pipe Dreams Plumbing Services

Member since 9 Sep 2009

Show him the door

Answered 20th Jul 2011

EMT Electrical & Plumbing Contractors

Member since 27 Mar 2008

I i was you i would get another plumber



Answered 20th Jul 2011

NPM Plumbing

Member since 15 Jun 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plumbers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions