Damp Proofing Question

I have damp coming through the back wall of my victorian house. the wall is rendered and shows no signs of cracking although it has not been painted for sdome time

2 Answers

Best Answer

1/Could you tell me how far from ground level to floor level
(should be minim 150mm ).
2/Is the the ground sloping into the area that is damp ( if higher then ground reduction may be required ).
3/painting your external with paint will not solve damp problems

Answered 12th Jul 2011

duncan builder

Member since 12 Jul 2011

Can be one of many things:
Are there any gaps around windows or external door to allow penetrating rain in?
Defective guttering leaking or overspilling against the property!
If its at low level do you have any raised flower beds that may be bridging the damp course"dpc is two bricks above external ground level/150mm" so this will be low level lateral penetration also.
blocked external drain! again this will be at low level along the wall.

really need to know at what level the damp is forming??

Answered 12th Jul 2011

Cannon Preservation Ltd

Member since 21 May 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Damp Proofing Specialists who can help you with your project.

Search all questions