Electrical Question

What kva do we need for a new build 2 bed detached house

underfloor elect heating, 1 x power shower, 2 x solar water heating panels

3 Answers

Total expected load would need to be calculated. This means socket outlets, lighting , cookers, showers etc. It is only a percentage of total expected load required to calculate the max kva needed

Answered 9th Jul 2011

KB Home improvements

Member since 19 May 2010

The Power in to the house will be determined by the electricity supply that need to be installed by the electricity supplier. This will be a standard feed from the main supply either over head or under ground and will be the same if it 1,2,3 or 4 bedrooms. Only on very large houses and industrial properties is there a need for a larger 3 phase supply.

Answered 11th Jul 2011

D.Marks Electrical Services

Member since 19 Aug 2009

EDF will probably supply a service head with a 100 map fuse, so Max KA will be 23

Answered 11th Jul 2011

Evergreen Electrical Ltd

Member since 27 Jul 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Electricians who can help you with your project.

Search all questions