Ask a tradesman
New gas fire installation (back boiler and gas fire previously removed)
I had a Baxi back boiler and a gas fire in the living room and both had been removed. The opening of the fire place blocked with some stud work and plastered.
I am planning to install a new fire place and a gas fire at the same place. The metal flue liner still in place with a cowling on top of chimney above the roof. Also I've noticed that the concrete tile on top of the chimney broken on the edge.
Can anyone advise me how I should go about it please.
Sorry, to answer to Fereli's reply all work carried out by a gas safe engineers company fitting new combi in the kitchen and remove back boiler and fire and cap the supply etc.
I am not going to install the new fire place and fire and connect to gas etc.
Just need some advice how to go about.
1 Answer from a MyBuilder Chimney & Fireplace Specialist
As a gas engineer I cannot possibly be seen to offer you advice when it comes to you doing your own gas work. I could potentially be liable should something go wrong.
Never assume - always get a Gas Safe registered engineer to check the situation and to carry out the works
Answered 25th Jan 2014
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- We have an old gas fire and back boiler. If we want to remove the back boiler and change the fire does the liner have to be removed from the chimney or can it be used for the new fire?
- have had an old gas fire and its back boiler removed and replaced with a combi boiler what is the best way to insulate and fill the hole left from these
- We have a back boiler with a gas fire. The boiler is decommisioned but the fire works. Can I disconnect the gas fire and leave the back boiler behind the firepace
- Remove Baxi gas fire and replace with electric fire and still use back boiler?