Carpentry & Joinery Question

Where can i buy bespoke architraves

Hi all
I want to send of a piece of my Architrave and have it made as it's original feature in my house.
A few bits are ruined and I would like to have some made up
Any ideas ?

4 Answers

If you take a piece of architrave to most local joinery shops/manufacturers they should be able to match the moulding and run some off. If they have to get a cutter made up to do this it works out cheper the more you have.
Hope this helps

TSH Builders

Answered 4th Jul 2011


Member since 19 Apr 2011

There are a few small companies that offer timber restoration and make old from new timber for period properties,mouldings etc.
Maybe Google Timber Restorers or Timber period mouldings.
Many years ago i used a company in North London but for the life of me i cant remember theyre company name.

Good Luck.

Answered 4th Jul 2011

Cannon Preservation Ltd

Member since 21 May 2011

Look for a relatively small joinery workshop. If near Bristol, I would recommend Avon Joinery.Check that it is not a stock item first by going to a decent timber yard and asking or just have a look.
Bates Carpentry

Answered 5th Jul 2011

Bates Carpentry and Building

Member since 23 Jun 2011

Any Joinery company should be able to assist you. What sort of quantity were you looking for? and where abouts are you based?

Answered 5th Jul 2011

NLC Carpentry & Joinery

Member since 2 Jul 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Carpenters & Joiners who can help you with your project.

Search all questions