Ask a tradesman
Would it be much cheaper to have a unfinished extension so we can do our own bits. just have the basics done eg walls roof etc
3 Answers from MyBuilder Extension Builders
Depending on your level of skill and the finish that you requier you may save 10% on the build cost.
The Natinol average build cost per Sq m is £1,300-1,800 this will give you a totally finished build that you just move your bits into.
Answered 2nd Jul 2011
Stockport • Member since 28 Jan 2010 • 3 jobs, 100% positive feedback
What area are you in? We cover the northwest and price extensions per cubic foot. An example of a 5.5m x 5.5m extension, single storey would be (fully finished) £23,000 or (walls and roof, including windows and doors) £15,000.
We are available to price this up for you and we offer free written quotes and carry a full portfolio with references from previous clients.
Hope this helps
All the Best,
Answered 4th Jul 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne • Member since 20 Jun 2011 • 7 jobs, 71% positive feedback
If you are an electrician,plumber,plasterer,joiner etc you will still have to pay for materials and you will have to pay all these various tradesmen and organise the work your self unless you have friends then you will still have to pay them something unless you give it a go your self in which case " in my experience" it may well cost you more, for the amount you save you may as well negotiate the price of the work down and let your builder complete the work and end up with a well done job and in a much quicker time.
Answered 4th Jul 2011
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- We have our double garage converted to have an office and an utility room (two seperate rooms). We did not get the electric certificate and the building certificate for the work done already.
- Bed needed over the stair box for an older child - could a mid sleeper easily be adapted to fit?
- New kitchen, toilet and floors - so much to do and so much advice!
- Lots of Horizontal lines above each other appearing on plastered walls