Plastering Question

Strange spots appeared in newly plastered hallway.

I had my hallway re-plastered not so long ago. I've noticed some weird spotting, like animal print in certain parts. Will this disappear over time?

4 Answers

Best Answer

Hi this does happen with over skim from time to time , go to your local DIY store and buy some stain block in an aerosol can and spray the patches this will sort it out.

Answered 17th Feb 2011

Reading Bathrooms and Kitchens

Member since 17 Dec 2008

Hi, this is oil or grease under the skim, use either a stain block or an oil based paint to cover, this should sort your problem

Answered 17th Feb 2011

.DATBuilding services

Member since 18 Sep 2009

First i would get the plasterer to come back and have a look,he may and should sort out the problem for you,failing that,it sounds to me,there may have been a substance of the walls before hand,possibly grease or similar,this should be treated before painting,something oil based,then undercoat of that.pop into local bnq or similar tell them the problem,and they should sort you out with what you need,but again the plasterer,if a decent one should do all this for you,regards paul

Answered 18th Feb 2011


Member since 10 Nov 2008

without seeing it its hard to tell. but it sounds like greese or silicon bleeding through. and no it wont disapeer. but might once painted. have your plasterer to pop but and have a look. n.p.m roy

Answered 17th Feb 2011

northview property mainenance

Member since 13 Sep 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Plasterers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions