Electrical Question

How do you go about trying to get your gas and electical meters moved to an outside wall.

Also can they be updated at the same time, 1950's property.

4 Answers

Best Answer

If it is the actual Meters that you require moving then you will have to contact your Gas and electrical service suppliers. No cabling or pipework on the suppliers side of the meters can be altered by anybody else.

Answered 28th Jun 2011

Jenga Electrical

Member since 23 Nov 2010

You contact your relavant suppliers, it is their responsibility.

Answered 29th Jun 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

Contact your suppliers who will send you out a set of forms for you to fill in. They will then assess the possibility and give you the costings involved. If you agree to the costsings they will also inform you of the work you will have to do. In the case of electric this normally means that you have to mount the box and provide ducting to it to the boundary of your land. They will then come and divert your meter into this new box. It will also be your responsibility to get an electrician run new meter tails from the meter to the consumer unit and sign it off.

NJM Electrical

Answered 29th Jun 2011

NJM Electrical

Member since 7 Mar 2009

contact your supplier

Answered 28th Jun 2011


Member since 7 Jun 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Electricians who can help you with your project.

Search all questions