Gas Work Question

Can a qualified gas fitter move my gas meter

3 Answers

Best Answer

A qualified gas fitter can only move your gas meter as long as he is employed by your local gas supplier.If he is an independant gas worker and is not contracted through your gas supplier ,then he cannot.You can always check with your local gas supplier.Take time to ask for their gas licence number,their name and find out your gas supplier and telephone them and check

Answered 25th Jun 2011

TC Plumbing and Heating/Construction

Member since 31 Dec 2009

I think the gas meter belongs to your utility provider, so it is their responsibility to move the meter.
The gas fitter can do any alterations after the meter.

Answered 25th Jun 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

I would firstly contact your service provider and ask them if they can move the meter,you may however need to get National Grid to move your gas meter as there will probably be work that needs doing regarding the service supply coming into the property.After that has been done,you can get any Gas Safe registered to do any alterations after the meter has been refitted.

Answered 27th Jun 2011


Member since 22 Jan 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Gas Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions