Extensions Question

Who do i ask to prepare and submit plans for a proposed extension?

I am looking to extend my semi-detached property both sideways and to the rear with a two storey extension. Can anyone suggest a good local architect who could provide this service who is local to my area and would provide a competitive quote for their services.

5 Answers

Best Answer

Hi rozzie. Check small ads in local paper for plans drawn in trades section , some builders also provide a design and build service in house. An architect will be more expensive for just an extension , but for a full house re- design they would more beneficial. Depends where you are based but plans should start around £200 and go to around £500 for full service ie handle your council application etc. Hope this helps. Just google plans drawn and your town - result. Cheers mark emmpire construction ltd. North west

Answered 22nd Jun 2011

M N M Projects Limited

Member since 22 Apr 2008

my advice would be to find a local builder go and check some of his work and ref
ask customers and then if he or she is ok let the builder take it all in hand for you reliving youself of all the hassel and stress.

Answered 22nd Jun 2011

GDJ Building & Joinery Ltd

Member since 19 Apr 2010

You should edit your request, You really need to let people know, were it is, you live!

Good luck

Tony Buckley

Answered 22nd Jun 2011

Buckley home improvements

Member since 20 Jun 2011

There are companies which specialise in quick and relatively cheap house plans, or you can hire an architect, or you can find a competent designer-builder who will prepare the plans and see the job through to completion.

Rupert Burrows
Design and Build

Answered 23rd Jun 2011

Rupert Burrows Design Contracts

Member since 16 Nov 2008

Please contact me through this web site and I will advise you about my plans service.

Answered 23rd Jun 2011

Architech Planning services

Member since 8 Jan 2009

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Extension Builders who can help you with your project.

Search all questions