Kitchen Fitting Question

Need builder first and then kitchen fitter to enlarge kitchen?

I would like to enlarge my kitchen by knocking through to my dining room
The wall I want to go through is approx 4ft long and not load bearing to my knowledge. Would I need a builder first and then a kitchen fitter?

4 Answers

Best Answer


You only need a contractor like 'Genesis London' or any good reputable company to undertake the job to do everything at ones. Please feel free to contact us for a free estimate.

Kind regards
Genesis London Team

Answered 23rd Oct 2013

Genesis London

Member since 3 Dec 2008

Yes you would need a builder then a Kitchen fitter. My company does both, contact us if you need any further help.

Answered 23rd Oct 2013

Tipsons Limited

Member since 19 Jul 2013

A good kitchen company like ourselves who are experienced would deal with ALL these problems, so you only have 1 company not several different tradesman to manage.
Trade Cost Kitchens & Bathrooms

Answered 24th Oct 2013

Inspired Kitchens & Bathrooms Ltd

Member since 24 Sep 2013

Wether your wall is load bearing or not this is a speciality of ours and we can take care of all your needs, from removal of the wall, and fitting of any steel beams that may or may not be needed, to the fitting of the kitchen including plastering and full decoration.

Answered 7th May 2015


Member since 7 May 2015

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Kitchen Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions