Ask a tradesman
I want to replace a gas fire. will a gas engineer be able to buy the model i like or do i have to go to a gas fire shop.
3 Answers from MyBuilder Gas Engineers
You can buy the fire yourself ,or the gas engineer, but you will need him any way to fit it.
Needs to be Gas Safe registered engineer.
Answered 18th Jun 2011
he will need to be gas safe engineer and hold the relevent gas element on his card
Answered 26th Jun 2011
I would recommend calling out a Gas engineer first to look at your existing Gas fire to choose the most suitable new gas fire in accordance with your room size and dimensions of the fire.
Once theyve had a look they can advise you what to buy or can buy it for you and fit it aswell .
Always use a gas safe registered engineer.
Answered 17th Jul 2019
Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet & Lino
- Central Heating
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Waste Clearance
- Fascias, Soffits & Guttering
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Hard Flooring
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery
- Fitting a Gas cooker / gas supply to it + a few more gas related question
- i have cental heating in my house and i want a gas fire, i have no chimney or ventilation so i have been told i need a flueless gas fire how do i get a flue fitted
- New Boiler - can I have a new boiler fitted if there is a a small gas leak?
- Do I have to give my builders the chance to redo shoddy work?