Central Heating Question

Diverting the external flue venting of an oil boiler

Our oil boiler is located in a double kitchen cupboard with an external outlet horizontally to the outside of the house. The guarded flue exit is about 1m high and aimed toward my driveway with <1m clearance of any car parked there. Replacing the boiler with a garden sided, wall unit and boiler is not a financial option; the quote was £4500.00 (a year ago). Can the flue be diverted upwards, or better yet extended upward to be +2m high? If so does this have to be done by a qualified heating engineer?

1 Answer

Best Answer

This work CAN ONLY be carried out by a OFTEC registered boiler engineer, he will make a decision on whether flue alterations can be made.

Link to OFTEC for locating a oil appliance engineer:


Answered 10th Oct 2013

Boiler Homecare

Member since 6 Jan 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Heating Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions