Demolition & Clearing Question

Remove lean to fromt he back of my house - electrics and plumbing?


I will have a job to remove a 15ft x 8ft Lean to soon , it is built up from the flag stones , and is single skin dwarf wall with single glazed and timber remaining , it has plumbing for washing machine and some electrical points

Would a demolition contractor be able to `terminate` these safely for me , or will i need seperate trades ?


2 Answers

Totally depend on the people that work for /through the company and if they have the required knowledge/qualifications to do plumbing/electrical works.
Hope this helps-Kevin.

Answered 29th Sep 2013

kevin cassidy building contractors

Member since 16 Dec 2010

Always hire qualified people to do this kind of work. Any building or property that needs taking down, big or small, will require a soft strip from the inside which includes isolating the power supply from the source. This will not normally affect the main supply to the rest of the house, same with the water, once the power is off you must start from the top and work down, you can then carefully remove the roof and timbers and recycle as much of the remaining brick to keep the overall costs down. One large skip (8 yards) should be big enough, approx 1-2 days work, if they don't carry out the work in that order you will have problems.

Answered 20th Nov 2013

smb removal services

Member since 20 Nov 2013

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Demolition Contractors who can help you with your project.

Search all questions