Kitchen Fitting Question

Portable kitchen extractor hood?

Renting a small studio with a mini kitchen, the room has an extractor fan but no kitchen hood so if I cook the whole place is going to smell for the day.

There isn't enough space for a traditional cooker hood over the top, I was wondering if there were portable options where I could mount something on the wall and have tubings(?) coming out of the window somewhere?

1 Answer

Best Answer

the regulations are that if a kitchen has no extract hood over the hob then the fan positioned elsewhere should extract at a rate of 60l/sec - so if the fan has that rating then you should be fine.
If you still wish to rig up a fan with tubing then yes but its going to look messy and the landlord may not agree with you doing that.
hope that helps

Answered 25th Sep 2013

JLM Architecture Limited

Member since 5 Sep 2013

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Kitchen Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions