Electrical Question

What qualifications are needed for an electrician to test in a school?

I have a qualified NIC domestic electrician, the question is can he test only in a school?

3 Answers

The electrician must be competent and hold either the C&G 2391 or the newly brought out 2394-5 qualification. If he doesn't hold a inspection and testing qualification, I wouldn't class the electrician as competent myself.
Also your electrician has been accessed in a domestic environment for electrical work and not commercial, for this you should be looking for an Approved Contractor with the appropriate testing qualifications as I'm sure the schools insurance company would not accept a testing report from a Domestic Installer and only of an Approved Contractor.

Answered 19th Sep 2013

Ecolek Wales Ltd

Member since 19 Sep 2013

Just give NICEIC a call or go on their website where you can chat online. As far as I know he can't.

Answered 19th Sep 2013

Edris Building & Electrical Contractor

Member since 11 Mar 2013

17th edition and 2391 testing and inspection with a membership to one of the following governing bodies NAPIT / NICEIC / Elecsa

Answered 19th Sep 2013

The Tool Box Electrical Services

Member since 15 Oct 2012

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Electricians who can help you with your project.

Search all questions