Central Heating Question

Device to override central heating thermostat

Good afternoon. We have gas central heating & the thermostat is in the dining room. This switches the heating off when we spend any length of time in there so it is difficult to keep warm in winter while eating & socialising...so we don't go in there to eat. Is there a plug-in ( or wireless ) device we can buy to put in the hall which would over-ride the thermostat in the dining room if we set that one to zero ? Thank you.

1 Answer

Best Answer

Yes there are many wireless room thermostats, by manufacturers such as Honeywell, Danfoss,Drayton, Horstmann. and Salus etc. That will suit the purpose, links below to help you choose:





Copy and paste any of the above links in to your browser

Answered 18th Sep 2013

Boiler Homecare

Member since 6 Jan 2010

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Heating Engineers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions