Ask a tradesman

Gas Work

Does a new gas connection to an external meter box need a "hockey stick" like the new electric connection or does the installer provide everything up to the newly fitted box?

2 Answers from MyBuilder Gas Engineers

Best Answer

No. The installer will be able to supply all necessary equipment. There is no requirement for you to do anything.
Hope this helps.


Answered 8th Jun 2011

By hockey stick, are you referring to the top up dongle? If so then the installer will supply a temp fob with a small amount of credit on it. You then have to get a new one off your supplier.

If your referring to the standpipe which the incoming gas is transferred through then utilities will supply it.

Hph Gareth


Answered 7th Jun 2011

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories