Roofing Question

Is it possible to obtain an adapter to fit 3"" plastic downpipe to "old" caste iron guttering?

5 Answers

Best Answer

Yes they do adaptor should be able to get from most plumbing suppliers, if no luck then available from

part number
12310 white
12311 black both retail at £2.79+vat

KPS Intsallations Ltd

Answered 24th May 2011

KPS Installations Ltd

Member since 10 Jul 2009

Take the internal measurement of the cast iron collar, builders merchants or plumbing supplies should have something to fit.
If the cast is a small diameter you may have to start with a mini gutter adapter, then work up to the 3in.
Failing that, renew it all in plastic, or reclamation yard for some same size cast iron.

Answered 24th May 2011


Member since 29 Oct 2008

Yes, you need a fernco coupling

Answered 24th May 2011

Essex Elite Services limited

Member since 24 May 2011

i had this problem a little while back and used a company called fernco unfortunatly i had to ship it from the united states but it worked really well it was just a rubber connection really hope this helps

Answered 24th May 2011

Martin Elms Building & Plastering Ltd

Member since 16 Aug 2010

tis possible ,but a lot more beneficial to rip out and replace stack in plastic

Answered 24th May 2011


Member since 7 Jun 2008

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Roofers who can help you with your project.

Search all questions