Windows Question

Double glazing guarantee

I have a FENSA certificate for my double glazing completed in 2009 with a 10 year guarantee. The firm I used has gone bust and my front door has now failed. Where do I stand as regards getting this put right, please? Will I have to pay the cost myself?

1 Answer

Best Answer

You should not have to foot the bill for this. Get in touch with FENSA and quote your details and postcode, stating the nature of the problem.
If however your name is not on the certificate ( you bought the property with windows already installed ) you may have a problem.
FENSA certificates should have an insurance backed guarantee which means that another company within the group will repair the door and be paid by FENSA.
I hope this helps. Good luck. Paul

Answered 11th Mar 2013


Member since 23 Jun 2011

Need help with your project?

We have tradesmen ready to help you. Post a job, read reviews and hire today.

Post a job

Need some help?

Post a job on MyBuilder to find quality, local Window Fitters who can help you with your project.

Search all questions