Ask a tradesman


Electricity/gas meter boxes

I want to replace the two outside boxes for the gas and electricity meters. One has a completely broken door and both are old and shabby. Does this need a builder or electrician? Where can I get boxes from? What kind of price range is this? They are both standard recessed boxes. Thanks.

2 Answers from MyBuilder Handymen

Best Answer

I have done this before with the plastic/fibreglass boxes, got them from a standard builders merchant. Had to remove the back and cut out some side material to get them to fit, bit of a horrible job to do to be fair.
Easier to just replace the door if the hinge pins/surrounding plastic are not broken.


Answered 14th May 2015

Any carpenter or handyman could do it.
For the purchase try


Answered 17th Jun 2015

Post your job to find high quality tradesmen and get free quotes

Can’t find an answer? Ask a new question

Question Categories