jrandall_84, Warminster
Rating: 1 out of 5
Small landscaping project
Awful experience with Ben Britton. Things started well and his workmen were friendly, hard working chaps. However, communication with Ben broke down severely throughout the build, things not happening when they were meant to, or something totally different to expected. Concerns raised went unanswered, voicemails, emails ignored.
We reached a point I was very concerned and expressed to Ben we were thinking of changing builder. He assured me things would change so we'd carried on. Only nothing changed.
I asked how much of our £15k deposit we'd be due back. £5k of this was spent on completed garden works, the rest toward a garage conversion. All that happened on the garage conversion was foundations dug and footings. Yet all I was due back would he £1500, as the rest had been spent on materials. I've never seen these.
When saying enough was enough , Ben argued on even returning the £1500. To this day he has not, not replied to any of these emails.
I've had great builders in since and the work they have seen of his, they're fairly ashamed of and I've a lot of things to correct.
You can see our experience is fairly mirrored to one of the other reviews here.
We gave Ben chance after chance and extended an awful lot of patience to him. It got us nowhere and he's left us out of pocket, ignored and needing to spend even more money or righting wrongs.