aAsk a Tradesman
- Need some tips or advice?
- Post a Question
Over bath shower directly next to window.
I have a problem where the best bathroom lay out will mean that the over bath shower will be directly next to the double glazed bathroom window (UPVC not timber), the window will be glazed with satin glass. A large amount of water spray will end up on the window and sil. I will ask the sil is angled so the water doesn't rest there.
Apart from thinking of another lay out for the bathroom, is there anything you can suggest to make the window more watertight/ less likely to rot/fall out or any coverings screen you know of .
Am going for modern look with clean lines so don't want a shower curtain put up against the window.
The window is quite big, about 1000mm by 800mm and takes up the majority of the width of the wall the bath will be against.
- Ybluedoor 5th Jul, 2012 Bathroom Fitting
- share this question:
u 0 Like
You could look into a shower proof blind.
- d martin general household maintanance 5th Jul, 2012
u 0 Like
Tile the reveals and cill.
I have glass blocks in my shower room and they are flush with the tiles
They look modern not like a public convenience !
- SBS Ltd 6th Jul, 2012
u 0 Like
Done this a couple of times, by having a second internal pvc window made to measure and if you buy a white shower screen they match perfectly, the second window forms a shower screen for the window.
- sovereign plumbing and heating 9th Jul, 2012
- The shower fitted to my bath taps has no hot water coming through shower only cold, hot water comes out of taps ok for bath. Yhebeflowerfairy 6th Mar, 2012
- Help.. Shower won't work and I need advice on putting in bath taps with shower attachment Ymartinip 15th Aug, 2012
- Replacing a bath for a shower enclosure Ynicki_24 3rd Jun, 2012
- Shower pressure - new shower solutions help! Ysiobhan2289 24th Aug, 2012
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Garages & Sheds
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Central Heating
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery