aAsk a Tradesman
- Need some tips or advice?
- Post a Question
How much do they usually cost
I'm looking at a conversion that includes a new staircase for access and an on suite in the velux type of conversion
- Yquinreardondavis 14th Mar, 2011 Loft Conversions
- share this question:
u 7 Like
Start at the Archetect he will be able to give you a good indication of how much you should be looking to pay. I have done loads of lofts ranging from about 5k up to £28k it depends a lot on headroom on staircases, and in loftspace span of loft load bearing walls etc most of the money that goes into a loft conversion is on materials that will never be seen ie RSJ's and Insulation. depending on the property type you may also have to replace all habitable room doors with FD30 fire doors, fit mains smoke detectors and heat detector change 1st floor windows for fire escape possibility of removing cielings on 1st floor to gain headroom in loft. until you have a drawing in your hands, it is impossible to get an exact price hope this helps.
- BTB JOINERY 15th Mar, 2011
u 7 Like
These other prices seem a bit cheap??
A basic loft con wiv velux 2x
Electrics with part P
Plastered ready for paint
From £17k for loft, plus 3k for w/c
Hope this helps
- MTR Lofts Ltd 31st May, 2011
u 6 Like
depends on size off loft i just compleated one including velux and stairs £8000 hope this help you thanks andy.
- A.S PLASTERING AND DAMP PROOFING CONTRACTORS 14th Mar, 2011
u 5 Like
An `in the roof` velux type conversion will be about 10K inc. plans etc.
A dormer conversion around about 13/15K inc.
Thing is you really need plans to tie it down.
Allow about £1000 for plans. calculations & Building Control fees, then get your quotes.
- Architech Planning services 17th Mar, 2011
u 4 Like
Hi it does variy depending on building regulations, and structual engineer calculations, upon which materials, ie steel sizes timber sizes.
A good velux would be in the region of £10,000 upwards all in, depending on the above and to what standard of finish you require, but a full detailed quote, a free quote, this includes all drawings and calcs
Hope this helps
- JS Loft Conversions 14th Mar, 2011
u 3 Like
you need to appoint an architect/you may need structual steels to pick up floor and roof load.an average loft
with veluxes /on suite/no dormer/stairs to match ext
finshed ready for decorating.lab/mat£18,000
- clark&mccarthy building & carpentry ltd 14th Mar, 2011
u 3 Like
hi , ive just done a two bedroom loft conversion with kite winding stairs for £8900
and that was 8 meters by 6 meters wide with 2 velux .
it all depends on the layout of your roof which playes a major factor inthe pricing and whether it will need steel beams to support the weight.
regards les davenport
- les davenport building contractors 14th Mar, 2011
- Much difference in architect design for basic extension? How much would plans cost? Ysml_28 28th Oct, 2013
- I am looking to buy a property, possibly one that requires some refurbishment. How would I know if heating and electrics would need to be re-done and roughly how much with this cost? Thank you Yjjr_67 16th Mar, 2011
- How much should it cost to get some out to fit a new boiler? Yamanda_350 23rd Jan, 2015
- How much is the labour cost for laying engineering floor and remove wall skirt for a house around 80 sq m? Yelsato831 10th Apr, 2012
- All Questions
- Architectural Services
- Bathroom Fitting
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Carpet Fitting
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Conversions - General
- Damp Proofing
- Demolition & Clearing
- Garages & Sheds
- Gas Work
- Groundwork & Foundations
- Central Heating
- Kitchen Fitting
- Landscape Gardening
- Loft Conversions
- New Builds
- Painting & Decorating
- Restoration & Refurbishment
- Security Systems
- Tree Surgery